In the world of fashion, Italy is the Mount Everest of men’s style. London may have Savile Row, Paris its luxury industries and New York Madison Avenue, but none possesses the true essence of Italian nonchalant elegance, the sprezzatura. Beyond its global fashion brands, the soul of Italian style is found in the workshops and boutiques of the established masters and artisans who for generations have created the finest menswear on the planet.
Author, industry insider and respected sartorial voice Hugo Jacomet is one of Europe’s most knowledgeable commentators on men’s fashion. This lavish guide is the result of more than two years spent travelling across Italy, from the foothills of the Alps to Sicily, to uncover the master craftsmen working behind the scenes to dress some of the world’s most elegant gentlemen. From world-famous Renaissance fabric mills to lesser-known shoe ateliers, more than fifty houses from across the country are celebrated for their unique style and commitment to upholding timeless Italian traditions.
Exquisite photographs by Lyle Roblin, commissioned specially for this book, unveil the country’s finest fabric merchants, tailors and shoemakers, and capture the refined gentlemen who are emblematic of Italian style. Filled with portraits of rarely seen producers at work, this richly illustrated journey is essential reading for all those who appreciate the beauty of a bespoke suit, the quality of a hand-welted shoe, the luxury of handmade gloves or the flamboyant panache of a seven-fold silk tie.
Dimensions: 21,5 x 26,5 Cm.
Article Number: TH1058
At Moniker Man we use Bring, PorterBuddy and DHL as our delivery partners, and you can chose to pick it up in our store in Oslo (Valkyrien).
When can I expect my delivery?
- Porter Buddy can deliver your order directly to your door within a few hours in the Oslo area.
- Bring delivers with the times range from 1-4 days throughout Norway.
- Outside Norway: DHL Express DDP (taxes and duties paid)
Pick up in Store?
- Visit us in our store: Moniker Man, Valkyriegata 3, 0366 Oslo.
How will I be notified?
- After you place an order, you will receive an order confirmation from us. We will then begin the process of packing your order. When your order is packed and ready for collection by our transport partner, you will be notified with a shipping confirmation email, with tracking number. When your order is out for delivery, or turned into your closest pickup point, you will be notified by the transporter.