Off the coast of East Africa in the Indian Ocean sits an archipelago known as Zanzibar. It all started ten million years ago when the island of Pemba separated from mainland Africa and then ten thousand years ago, the island of Unguja followed suit. Thus, begins the legend of Zanzibar. For centuries, Zanzibar has been the haven and gateway for explorers including Richard Burton and David Livingstone to penetrate the unknown African Continent. Forward to present day, and it is still possible to experience the unique wildlife whether that is by scuba diving off the coast of a private island, infinite lagoons, visiting mangroves or endemic wild forests; getting lost and immersing yourself into the historical labyrinthine streets of Stonetown. This cluster of islands is at a crossroads of cultures, featuring Omani architecture, Portuguese and British heritages as well as Swahili rituals.
Photographer Aline Coquelle shares an intimate portrait of a community bursting with life. With original photography, a disappearing, indigenous culture is preserved and celebrated. This volume invites the reader to experience the paradise that is Zanzibar.
At Moniker Man we use Bring, PorterBuddy and DHL as our delivery partners, and you can chose to pick it up in our store in Oslo (Valkyrien).
When can I expect my delivery?
- Porter Buddy can deliver your order directly to your door within a few hours in the Oslo area.
- Bring delivers with the times range from 1-4 days throughout Norway.
- Outside Norway: DHL Express DDP (taxes and duties paid)
Pick up in Store?
- Visit us in our store: Moniker Man, Valkyriegata 3, 0366 Oslo.
How will I be notified?
- After you place an order, you will receive an order confirmation from us. We will then begin the process of packing your order. When your order is packed and ready for collection by our transport partner, you will be notified with a shipping confirmation email, with tracking number. When your order is out for delivery, or turned into your closest pickup point, you will be notified by the transporter.